The Graduate Center and the Graduate & Professional Student Council (GPSC) invite you to participate in the annual Grad Slam. Registration is open through February 10, 2017.
Grad Slam is a campus-wide competition for the best 3-minute graduate student presentation of a research or creative project. It is an excellent opportunity for students to enhance their communication skills and is an effective way of showcasing to the University of Arizona community and the public the innovative research and creative work associated with graduate education at UA.
Why Participate in Grad Slam?
- Free to participate in the event and associated workshops
- Enhance your skill at presenting to a broad audience – highly valued by all employers
- Network with students and judges
- Chance to win up to $3,000 in Grand Prizes and, for eligible presentations, Themed Awards for Best Environmental Presentation and Best Social Justice and Environment Presentation
- Opportunity to talk about your work to the public
The co-hosts of Grad Slam are the Graduate Center and GPSC; its sponsors are UA Research, Discovery, and Innovation, the UA Libraries, the Institute of the Environment, and the Agnese Nelms Haury Program in Environment and Social Justice.