The Herbert E. Carter Travel Award Program was established in honor of Dr. Herbert E. Carter, founding director of the GIDPs and is representative of his spirit and passion for interdisciplinary scholarship and research in higher education. The award provides up to $600 per year to GIDP students at The University of Arizona for domestic or international travel. Competition for these funds was very high and we received many innovative abstracts. The applications and abstracts reviewed by the Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs Advisory Council (GIDPAC) from stellar GIDP students make a strong statement to the significance of interdisciplinary scholarship and research at The University of Arizona.
- Sandra Bernal, Ph.D. Student, Arid Lands Resource Sciences GIDP
- Elliot Imler, Ph.D. Candidate, Neuroscience GIDP
- Melissa Lynn, Ph.D. Candidate, Physiological Sciences GIDP
- Aaron Ragsdale, Ph.D. Candidate, Applied Mathematics GIDP
- Alfred Schissler, Ph.D. Candidate, Statistics GIDP